Monster Music is committed to protecting the privacy of both music students and music teachers who disclose any Personal Information through this Website.
Your Personal Information
The Personal Information Monster Music collects about you generally includes your name, address, telephone number, email, IP address and other relevant contact details.
In some circumstances, Monster Music may also collect Personal Information which may be deemed sensitive. By using this Website, you consent to the collection of any sensitive information which relates directly to your ability to meet a financial obligation to Monster Music. Unless the collection of sensitive information is required or permitted by the law, Monster Music will obtain your prior consent to its collection.
Monster Music may collect your Personal Information:
- where you submit or upload any information on the Website, complete any online forms, participate in any online transactions (including engaging in any Website forums), deal with Monster Music over the telephone or in person, send Monster Music a letter or email or visit the Website;
- through third party suppliers;
Personal Information about third parties
If at any time you supply Monster Music with Personal Information about another person (for example, a referee or a person to whom you may wish a payment to be directed), you should ensure that you are authorised to do so and you must agree to inform that person:
- of Monster Music’s identity;
- that Monster Music may use and disclose their Personal Information; and
- how they may gain access to the Personal Information in Monster Music’s possession.
Use of your Personal Information
In general, any Personal Information collected by Monster Music is used for the sole purpose of providing music tuition referrals, displaying online directory listings for music teachers and may additionally be used from time to time by Monster Music to contact you by phone, email or post to provide information on or changes to Monster Music’s products and services, or for promotions and advertising.
Additional purposes for which Monster Music may collect and use your Personal Information include:
- complying with legislative and regulatory requirements;
- considering any application you make to Monster Music;
- performing administrative operations, including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, credit scoring and staff training;
- managing Monster Music’s rights and obligations in relation to external payment systems;
- conducting market, customer satisfaction research or processing Website statistics. Monster Music provides statistics about its customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to third party vendors. These statistics will not include any personally identifiable information such as your name and address;
- developing, establishing and administering alliances and other arrangements (including rewards programs) with other organisations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of Monster Music’s respective products and services;
- developing and identifying products and services that may interest you; and
- (unless you ask Monster Music not to) telling you about products and services.
If at any time you do not wish to receive further marketing information, you have the option to ask Monster Music not to send you any further information about products and services and not to disclose your information to other organisations for that purpose.
Transfers of your information
Monster Music maintains strict procedures and standards and takes all reasonable care to prevent unauthorised access to, transfer, and modification and disclosure of, your Personal Information. Monster Music will take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse and loss.
Monster Music advises that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as fully secure and accordingly, Monster Music cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you send to Monster Music through the Website or Internet. You submit information over the Internet at your own risk.
Monster Music does not currently:
(a) disclose Personal Information collected through the Website with any third party suppliers or organizations; or
(b) sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
We may however choose to do so in the future with trustworthy third parties. If you do not wish for this to occur please contact us.
Monster Music will make efforts to ensure that any information disclosed is accurate and current. Should you wish to update any information or opt out of any communication by Monster Music, please contact us.
Disclosure of your information
Subject to what is permitted by law, the types of third parties we may disclose your Personal Information to include:
- our agents, contractors and external advisers whom we engage from time to time to carry out, or advise on, our functions and activities;
- your agents and contractors, including your legal or financial adviser;
- credit reporting agencies;
- your referees;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- any person or organisation who introduces you to us;
- other organisations with whom we have alliances or arrangements (including loyalty programs) for the purpose of promoting our respective products and services (and any agents used by us and our business partners in administering such an arrangement or alliance);
- anyone supplying goods or services to you in connection with a loyalty program associated with a facility provided to you;
- debt collecting agencies;
- external payment systems operators;
- (unless you tell us not to) other organisations (including our related bodies corporate) and their agents for the marketing of specific products and services.
Accessing your Personal Information
You have the right to access any information held about you by Monster Music. You may apply for access to this information by contacting Monster Music through email. Any request to access Personal Information may be subject to an administration fee.
Under certain circumstances, Monster Music may not be able to tell you what Personal Information is held about you. This includes where:
- it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the information relates to legal proceedings with you;
- the information would reveal our own commercially sensitive data or decision-making process; or
- we are prevented by law from disclosing the information, or providing access would prejudice certain investigations.
You may update any inaccurate, incomplete or out of date information held about you by contacting Monster Music and Monster Music will take all reasonable steps to update and amend your information on our database and records.
If you have any complaints or have any questions in relation to this Website, please contact us:
Phone: (08) 9335 8881
Email: Contact Us
If Monster Music does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may apply to the Federal Privacy Commissioner to have your complaint investigated. For more information about how you may lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner, please contact the Commissioner's hotline service on 1300 363 992.